The Methodist Church

The Methodist Church

The original Methodist building was the Primitive Methodist Chapel situated in Station Road, now known as Goudhurst Road

Built in 1846, very little is known about its origins, but notes from a project held in Tonbridge Library archives charts the development of Primitive Methodism in the area. The Primitive Methodists were create to continue to emphasise John Wesley's practice of outdoor preaching.

Horsmonden Village Website